A St Monica's education allows students to discover their own talents and provides opportunities to fully explore these.
St Monica's encourages its students to learn more than just the fundamentals, engaging them in a wide array of co-curricular activities. In addition to the standard teaching programs, we provide the following extracurricular activities and encourage all students to become involved in their hobbies and interests outside of the classroom.
- Life Education - specialising in healthy living
- Early intervention programs for literacy
- Peer Support program involving groups of students from
- K-6 working together
- Peer mentoring (Buddies) involving Year 6 students supporting Kindergarten students in their work
- Tennis coaching
- Music lessons1
- Book club2
- Athletics, swimming & cross country (participation in carnivals)
- Voice of Youth
- MANSW mathematics competition
- Nestlé 'Write Around Australia' competition
- Musica Viva
1. These are held by Aria Music at school during lunchtimes. Lessons are 45 minutes in duration, at a cost of approximately $21 per lesson. Bookings may be made through Sabina or Russo on 8006 4377, or contact them via email at email@example.com.
2. This is an entirely voluntary purchase. Once a term we distribute Scholastic Book Club's specially compiled list of reasonably priced books to the children. Details on how to purchase the books are included on the order forms provided by Scholastic Books